My Photo
Name:
Location: Lansing, Michigan, United States

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Happiness

Life is good. Really, I'm happy. Overall that is. Work is still stressful - especially Monday. Man, the doctor brought me to tears, I was so frustrated! Anyway, this about being happy, not frustrated.
I am finally taking the time for me that I need to. My Dad and I joined the weight watchers meetings last wednesday. We are paid up for 13 weeks and going every week together. Our first weigh-in is tomorrow and I think it's going to be good. I'll try and keep updates posted here. So the diet is good. And I have been taking the time to work out every day. It's been so good! I feel great! (aside from being sick, that is - bleh!) I bought The Biggest Loser workout DVD and have been doing the 6 week program. It's excellent! I totally feel like my body is changing already, though you can't really see it yet. I'm so happy. I love it when I actually take the time to do what I need to do.
I think I just came to the point that I needed to stop everything non-essential in my life and re-assess my situation to see why I wasn't happy and I found 2 major things I couldn't deal with anymore: First, of course - my weight and lack of health. I'm sick of living with the guilt of eating poorly and not exercising. Second, my utter chaos in the basement that is the tornado resulting from having too many belongings in a small space. So I am cleaning and downsizing - already I've taken 5 bags to goodwill. It's lovely. My own space will soon be done and organized and spectacular...who knows, mayble I'll post some cool pictures of it :o)
I'm feeling pretty good. I turn 27 in a week and I'm actually excited about it. I've heard 27 is a good year and it especially will be for me, I'm sure of it.

5 Comments:

Blogger Ruth said...

I'm so proud of you, Mary! Keep it up. (And tell your dad the same for me, too, and also hi.) Feel free to check me out if you get the chance. http://publicdefenderslife.blogspot.com/

I'm really glad things are looking up for you. And yes, 27 was a good year for me.

12:30 PM  
Blogger Jana Swartwood said...

I am so proud of you. It's really hard to let go of things...and it's even harder to make time to exercise. Especially when life is as crazy as life can be.

So, go you!!! :)

12:07 AM  
Blogger Xana Ender said...

I'm glad you're happy!:-)

9:35 AM  
Blogger Jana Swartwood said...

Musing, musing, musing. La la la. We could write a song about your blog! :)

12:47 AM  
Blogger Jana Swartwood said...

I miss you! The day after Christmas...there will be much singing!

1:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home