My Photo
Name:
Location: Lansing, Michigan, United States

Friday, August 25, 2006

One crappy day (pardon my French)

Well, I found out today at work that I have been training my replacement. I am being cut down to part time and put in a different position. I am sooooo irked! I HATE how this office deals with personnel. Let me give you a hint for the future: never work for a close-knit community business unless you know people there first. I swear I am being picked on and cut down for the stupidest reasons! They say I don't have "a sense of urgency." That is their one complaint about me. Dr. Andersen (the doc I work with) said that was his one issue with me. He said he wanted to work a little faster...well, most of the time I am waiting for him because he is going so slowly. Ugh! I'm just frustrated. I don't know what to do. As of mid-September, I am a part time employee. So, I am looking for something else here in town and trying to see God's plan in it. (hopefully this is one of the puzzle pieces needed for me to go to the Biggest Loser - who knows? I would much rather have been able to just give my 2 weeks notice than be cut back, but oh well...)

On top of that little piece of loveliness (notice the sarcasm oozing from the keyboard), Char Scott's funeral was today and her circumstances were much like my Mom's, so this opens a new wound for my family. We are all pretty touchy right now. And school starts on Monday, so my Dad and sis are madly running to get things accomplished in time. It's stressful to say the least. I spent a good 3 hours helping put up a bulletin board at the school.

*sigh* Venting is wonderful. Thanks for reading my vent. I'm off to bed because I have to go work tomorrow. It's my saturday. Perhaps I'll escape to the ren fest by myself. That might be a nice thing.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jana Swartwood said...

That SO stinks!!! Sometimes people can be really stupid. I can totally relate at least to the part about being somewhere where people don't communicate until it's this major huge thing they dump on you...and you're like, "What the heck just happened?" I am sorry.

Not to get weirdly Sound of Music, but sometimes when God closes a door, He does open a window. I am hoping and praying for beautiful things to open up for you.

I was really sorry to hear about Mrs. Scott. Jeanine forwarded me an email a couple days ago. It was a surprise to me...I might have known she was sick (vaguely recall hearing something), but I had no idea that things had progressed so far.

And it is SO weird to me that school hasn't started for you northerners yet. We've been in full swing since the 17th.

This is a really long comment. Oh well. Guess it's ok since we're so bad about actually emailing each other, right? :)

Love ya!

7:51 PM  
Blogger Jeanine said...

Now comes the part where Jeanine kidnaps you and we go for a long walk in the woods and somehow everything seems a little bit better by the end of it. Hugs don't work the same over the internet. :( But I'm sending you one, anyways.

7:44 PM  
Blogger Xana Ender said...

That stinks - I'm sorry:-(

9:28 AM  
Blogger Jeanine said...

But we all need an update! I'm feeling the Mary Drought over here.

4:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home