My Photo
Name:
Location: Lansing, Michigan, United States

Sunday, September 24, 2006

There's something to be said for romantic comedies.

Today I felt terrible. My sister and I were woken up by a screaming baby pretty much on the hour, every hour last night because we were babysitting Allie, our niece, who is coming down with a cold and having trouble breathing through her congested nose and sucking on a binky at the same time (ah, those simple infant trials and tribulations). Anyway, needless to say, I was tired and my sister was sick and I felt like I was getting sick today too. I had a migraine for most of the day today until my Dad prayed for me and it went away. (Blessedly!)

So, I've been really, really depressed lately. Seriously. It's weird. I've just not been happy with my life at all. One iota. I'm in debt, still living with my dad (but that's a unique situation anyway because he doesn't want to live alone here and he doesn't want to move and if I move, my sister will move in here and rent her house out and that would just be weird and she would really feel like an old maid then and this is now a run-on sentence just for you, Jana, dear. ;o). Back to my list: I haven't been successful in my weightloss and haven't heard from The Biggest Loser yet, I feel far away from God, but I'm not really trying to be close, just to be honest, and I'm not happy at work because I feel like I'm being judged and come up short all the time.

But today I decided I would watch a good movie. I've been wanting to watch Return to Me for a while now, and so I did. I turned the fire on, made a bowl of soup, grabbed a blanket and curled up on the couch for the movie. It was so therapeutic! I enjoyed watching someone else mourn and cry and recover and live and love. It was great (even though it was fiction). Just wanted to say that I'm happy right now and hopeful. :o)

4 Comments:

Blogger Xana Ender said...

I'm sorry you'e been feeling blue. I know how that is:-(

9:41 AM  
Blogger Jeanine said...

And I think that is part of the reason God invented imagination -- He knew that we sometimes need a mental refuge from daily trials and tribulations. Of course, He wants us to lean on Him to get through them and all that, but I think He understands simply needing a break. He came up with the whole Sabbath thing, after all.

So I'm glad that you hide in fantasy every now and again. I'll join you there, if I may... :)

10:13 AM  
Blogger Jana Swartwood said...

You know, I really relate to this post--not the details of your life, which only you can understand completely, but that feeling of being trapped in your own world. And, of course, the need for run-on sentences to explain it. :)

Sometimes we just need to cry or laugh or forget for a time. Sometimes as much as our normal circumstances might make us want to do these things, we aren't able to let go enough for them to happen.

That's why I love books and movies and good music. They take you outside of yourself long enough to get that therapy. And they are temporary enough so that you don't get tempted to think they are real life.

9:17 PM  
Blogger Jeanine said...

Pester, pester, pester.

I promised to pester you when you were negligent in posting. I hereby declare you negligent. So:

PESTER, PESTER, PESTER!!
:)

3:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home